03 Apr HIRING: Live-in Nanny in Jackson, WY
January 2022, as they will have a newborn care specialist for the first four months. The ideal candidate would be willing to care for the child six days a week and be open to
changes, sometimes last-minute, within the schedule. The family spends January-March and July-September in Jackson and the rest of the year traveling (Caribbean, NYC, Italy,
Japan, etc.). Must be energized, flexible and adaptable given their spontaneous lifestyleand be comfortable around a variety of people, as they love to entertain. Both parents work from home and plan to be hands-on. There are times when the nanny will have sole care and times when the parents will want one-on-one time with their child.The couple is hoping to welcome the nanny into their home as a contributing member of the family. Someone who is considerate, service-minded, and has a “how can I help” mindset. There will likely be occasional duties such as unpacking packages/deliveries, helping with the dog (Australian Shepherd), light laundry, tidying up, and errands. However, the couple has a Chef Monday-Friday, housekeeping services 2-3 times a week, and a personal assistant. They seek a nanny who has many of the following qualities- loving, caring, intuitive, self-aware, self-sufficient, reliable, loyal, effective communicator, experienced, wise, energetic, and organized. Someone who has newborn experience and is willing to commit long-term and integrate as a core member of the family for 5+ years is desired.
Residency in the US is essential (US citizen with valid passport or a green card holder, couple would consider sponsoring visa if needed but not preferred). Must have a valid
driver’s license and clean driving record. A family car is provided while on the job and experience driving in the snow is a plus.
- Location: Jackson, WY + Travel required
- Primary responsibility is caring for the baby and all related aspects (laundry, organization, food/milk prep,restocking and ordering, prepping for short- or long-term travel, creating and maintaining sleeping and eating schedules,educating parents and fill-in support on baby’s needs, etc.).
- Maintain knowledge of all the phases of childhood development from infancy
- Plan entertaining games, arts and crafts projects, and activities to stimulate a
child’s learning, imagination, and development.
- Implement outdoor play and other physical activities.
- Monitor the development of fine motor and sensory skills.
- Help with speech and language acquisition .
- Aid in the development of interpersonal relationships with siblings and peers .
- Follow and contribute to household protocols.
- Prepare the baby for all travel.
- Assist with special events such as birthday parties and family functions.
- Help prepare weekend meals for the baby and family as/if needed.
- Help with light laundry and clean-up on days when house cleaners are not around.
- At least 10 years, ideally more, of live-in nanny and childcare experience from
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high
emotional-intelligence and self-awareness.
- Proactive self-starter mindset, willing to be a contributing member of the
household, always finding something to do and contribute to even if the baby is
sleeping or taken care of by others.
- Flexible hours and availability with an attitude of intense dedication and
- Service and contribution-oriented.
- Positive and grateful-minded.
- CPR & First Aid Certified
- College Educated Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and familiarity driving in snow
- Valid Passport for International Travel
- 10+ years experience
- Premium Health Insurance (Including Health, Dental and Vision)
- 2 Weeks of Paid Time Off (Prefered to be taken consecutively and with advance
notice during convenient time for family’s schedule)
- Paid Travel Expenses related to all on-job travel
- Round Trip plane ticket covered for time-off to home of origin or desired
- Matching 401K Contribution
- $105k Salary